Monday, July 4, 2011

What?! A 3 day weekend!! Sweet!

Well It's July 4th weekend. It's my first time not spending it with my family but I know I am where God wants me. I am with my teammates this weekend and I am so glad that we finally get to spend this time together. It has given us a chance to grow with each other and learn about ourselves. We are relaxing before week 5 of camp starts and it is going to be a great week of camp!! I have learned that sometimes I can be annoyingly rhude and I am sorry for hurting my teammates. I have also realized that sometimes there are going to be struggles because satan doesn't want us to become closer to God. I'm learning how to rely on God instead of people. I get hurt because I allow myself to keep people in my life that tear me down, and it affects how I treat other people. I am continuing to learn more sign language and learning how to be a better leader.
This summer is half way through and there have been ups and there have been downs. I know that when you love and serve God that downs are just a part of it. John 15:18 says, "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you." There will be hard times we have to go through but Jesus is right there to help us get through just as He had His Father with him. Coming to Tn this summer is teaching me so much. I love my teammates Whitney, Carla, Becky, Crystal, Kayla, Jonathan, Will, and Caitlin. Will is leaving for a week but he will be back for a little bit before he leaves to go on vacation with his family. We are all different but we are enjoying being able to work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment